Winter Hibernation ~ a Restorative Afternoon RESTshop.
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017, 1:30-4pm @ Moksana Yoga Center, Victoria BC
“I prefer winter and fall, when you can feel the bone structure in the landscape – the loneliness of it – the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it – the whole story doesn’t show.” ~ Andrew Wyeth
The re-birth of springtime comes from deep internal invisible adjustments that take place during the cycle of winter.
Experience a warm, potent hibernation cocoon for the afternoon. Nourish and listen to the whispers of your unique soul, through rest and reflection, visioning and dreaming, in a cozy sanctuary of support. Explore and be supported by Restorative Yoga Poses, Yoga Nidra Sleep Meditation, and intuitive writing, while receiving seasonal wisdom teachings, partnering your inner knowing with the heart of Winter.
“Be ahead of all parting, as if it had already happened.
like winter, which even now is passing.
For beneath the winter is a winter so endless
that to survive it at all is a triumph of the heart.” ~ Rilke
Vital Pause: Active Rest, Restful Action
A weekend dedicated to deep replenishment
With Jennifer Piercy and Misha Butot
Sat & Sun, April 29 & 30, 2017, 9:30am-3:45pm @ Roundhouse Farm in Saanich
through its channels?” ~ Naomi Shihab Nye
This 2 day non-residential retreat is for you if you are:
- Looking for effective ways to nourish and replenish on all levels in the midst of a busy life – time and permission to deeply rest, explore and listen inwardly, follow your longings, re-connect with your soul, re-balance and increase resiliency
- Longing to dive into something powerful, immersive and inspiring, while also being nurturing, short, sweet, catered, and closer to home
- Wanting to spend a weekend steeping in silence, digital detoxing, free from distractions and demands, cultivating self-healing capacities
What you can expect:
- A beautiful, quiet, contemplative space surrounded by nature
- Nourishing organic wildcrafted vegetarian lunch by Nature’s Chef
- Personalized attention – only 19 spaces available, with 2 gifted guides.
- Guidance, discussion and support to feed mind, body and soul.
- Self Compassion Re-charge – Nourishment and Neuroscience
- Sacred Sleep and Dreams: Awakening isn’t only about being awake 🙂
- Honoring flavors of Tired – physical, mental, emotional, energetic, and beyond
- Transitioning to and honoring rest in daily life, harnessing rest in the midst of activity
- Time to linger in restorative poses, sequences, and breath awareness
- Meditation: sitting meditation, walking/earthing meditation, and Deep Yoga Nidra (Conscious Yogic Sleep) for integration, insight and healing
Open to students and teachers of all levels, and will be of nourishing benefit to any sincere practitioner.
“Re-vitalizing and healing…having the luxury of time to be reflective, to remember myself, and trust that person” ~ Amber
“This weekend allowed me to really listen to my body and feel how tired I am. The space…both the actual space the retreat is held in but also the physical and mental space created over the last couple of days. It was the perfect way to unplug and replenish myself. It felt like the perfect balance between practice, information and free time. I have lately been having difficulty feeling self love/compassion towards myself and I feel like I have been bathed in it all weekend. Thank you for holding the space and allowing me to be there just as I am.” ~ Alison
“A great way to focus, practice self compassion, and re-charge energy in a peaceful, cozy space” ~ Cathy
“So nourishing and deeply restorative – I think most of us need this more than we realize!” ~ Carolyn
You can also sign up via cash, cheque or e-transfer.
Contact Jenn here to reserve your space.
“Great opportunity to give yourself permission to BE….” ~ Caroline
“An absolute joy to marinate with these beautiful souls” ~ Cheryl
“If you want to be completely held, and allow yourself sacred space, and experience deep peace, these are the ladies you want to see. Self love is treating yourself to this retreat – a must!” ~ Tammy
“Grounding. Blissful. Serene. I loved all of it. I resonated with silence. It felt really beautiful to have space held…” ~ Suzanne
“I attended Jennifer and Misha’s Restorative Retreat and it was truly wonderful! I loved sharing space and learning from these wise women for the weekend. I left feeling peaceful, relaxed and deeply nurtured. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a mini break from the busyness of life.” ~ Melissa
“This experience has re-established a sense of deep well being, love and soulful nourishing – Beautiful!” ~ Mara